Closed Swage Sockets
- Forged from special bar quality carbon steel, suitable for cold forming.
- Hardness controlled by spheroidize annealing.
- Swage Socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 100% based on the catalogue strength of wire rope.
- Stamp for identification after swaging without concern for fractures.
- Crosby swage sockets incorporate a reduced machined area of the shank, which is equivalent to the proper after swage dimension. Before, swaging, this provides for an obvious visual difference in the shank diameter. After swaging, a uniform shank diameter is created allowing for a QUIC-CHECK® and permanent visual inspection opportunity. Designed to quickly determine whether the socket has been through the swaging operation and assist in field inspections, it does not eliminate the need to perform standard production inspections which include gauging for the proper after swage dimensions or proof load testing.
- Crosby S-501 Swage Sockets are recommended for use on 6 x 19 - 6 x 41 IWRC 1770 or 1960 grade wire rope. Before using on any other construction or grade of rope the termination should be destruction tested to determine the adequacy of the assembly to be manufactured.