Super Wedge Sockets
- The Crosby 423T wedge socket terminations have a minimum efficiency rating on most high performance, high strength, compacted strand, rotation resistant wire ropes of 80% based on the catalog breaking strength of the various ropes.**
- Design eliminates the difficulty of properly seating the wedge with high performance wire rope into a wedge socket termination.
- Proper application of the Super TERMINATOR eliminates the “first load” requirement of conventional wedge socket terminations.
- S-423TW Wedge Kit can be retrofitted onto existing Crosby S-421T TERMINATOR wedge sockets.
- Wedge and accessories provided with a zinc finish.
- These sockets meet critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter sockets.
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATOR® wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue. The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the tension device, is left undeformed and available for reuse.
- Available with Bolt, Nut, and Cotter Pin.