- Wedge socket terminations have an efficiency rating of 80% based on the catalog strength of XXIP wire rope.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements.
- These sockets also meet other critical performance requirements including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability.
- Basket is cast steel and individually magnetic particle inspected.
- Pin diameter and jaw opening allows wedge and socket to be used in conjunction with closed swage and spelter
- Secures the tail or “dead end” of the wire rope to the wedge, thus eliminates loss or “Punch out” of the wedge.
- Eliminates the need for an extra piece of rope, and is easily installed.
- The TERMINATOR wedge eliminates the potential breaking off of the tail due to fatigue.
- The tail, which is secured by the base of the clip and the wedge, is left undeformed and available for reuse.
- Incorporates Crosby’s patented QUIC-CHECK® “Go” and “No-Go” feature cast into the wedge. The proper size rope is determined when the following criteria are met:
- 1) The wire rope should pass thru the “Go” hole in the wedge.
- 2) The wire rope should NOT pass thru the “No-Go” hole in the wedge.
- Utilizes standard Crosby Red-U-Bolt® wire rope clip.
- The 10- 32mm standard S-421 wedge socket can be retrofitted with the new style TERMINATOR wedge.
- Available with Bolt, Nut, and Cotter Pin.