William Hackett L5 Quad Pawl lever hoist
The William Hackett L5 QP lever hoist incorporates a four pawl mechanical engagement functionality. The unique and patented pawl design enhances the capabilities of the hoist allowing all four pawls to engage with the ratchet gear in an offset configuration allowing finer adjustment and tensioning capability while maintaining pawl/ratchet engagement.
The unique and patented pawl design improves the hoists with regards to their resilience to failure and capability to provide finer adjustment and tensioning operations.
The pawl springs are totally enclosed in the brake chamber and the patented pawl design allows, however unlikely, for both pawl springs to fail and for the quad pawls to maintain full functioning engagement with the ratchet gear making the hoist safer.
WH L5 QP Lever Hoists come with optional overload protection. Overload protection is highly recommended for lifting & rigging maneuvers, whilst standard versions are perfect for hauling, dragging and where lifting loads are known. Please click here to view Overload Protection options.
The design and specification of the William Hackett L5 QP Lever Hoist includes:
- WORKING LOAD LIMIT RANGE: 800kg to 15 tonnes.
- LIGHT LOAD CAPABILITY: The L5 QP is tested and certified at 2% of the lever hoist rated capacity.
- DABS (DUAL ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM): Allows the load chain to be adjusted in freewheel mode without locking the brake.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN: Minimises ingress of contaminates to the internal mechanism and brake surfaces.
- PAWL SPRINGS: Specially designed to work with the William Hackett patented quad pawls. The steel springs are captivated in the brake chamber protecting them against damage.
- SINTERED/FUSED FRICTION MATERIAL: Directly onto the ratchet gear. Grooves in the friction material enable water to be dispelled from the friction surface more effectively during subsea operations.
- LOAD CHAIN: Complies fully with BS EN818-7 Grade T(8). Finish: Zinc plated.
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40°C to +120°C.
- OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT:
Adjustable Travelling End Stop
- PROOF TESTED: every L5 QP lever hoist is proof tested to 1.5 times the Working Load Limit.
- SAFETY FACTOR: 4 : 1.